Sunday, August 22, 2010

39 Weeks


today is very exciting for me. you see...i am 39 weeks along (39.5 if you go by my first due date) and my husband has been away all weekend in portland for his best friend's wedding. this has been a source of anxiety my entire pregnancy. i have had dream after dream after dream of him missing the birth...i have been crossing my legs and laying down as much as possible this entire weekend (and if you know me, you know how difficult that is for me!)...i even had my little sister come babysit me and spend the night *just in case*

but i am about to go pick him up at the airport and i can relax finally and enter labor knowing my very needed labor partner will be there...probably rubbing his hands and knuckles raw on my back again and whispering words of encouragement in my ear when i need them most of all! 

i didn't realize how much this was weighing me down until this morning and probably effecting my vision of this birth. i feel very excited *finally* and can not wait to meet this baby!!

4 comments:

mackenzie said...

We can't wait either! I'm so excited for you guys. You're going to rock this birth!:)

Melissa H said...

hey girl, conrats on being at the end! i'm 3 weeks behind you, and am getting so excited! i cant wait to hear about your new little one :)

jrshinn@gmail.com said...

I can't wait to meet the new one either! Excited to hear the happy news. :)--Rachel

Paige said...

For some reason, until now, your birth seemed REALLY far away. Like, I know you are 39 weeks, but for some reason, I still felt there will be months until the baby is here.

It totally just clicked how soon it will be (dumb, I know) and I started crying. I am so excited for you, and for you as a couple. I have so much respect for you and your choices... I can't wait to see how it all turns out. Love that little one already!