Wednesday, November 26, 2008
1. i grew up on a farm...ish in yorba linda (i think barn, corral, horses, goats, chickens, ducks, tractors count as farm right?)
2. i have a strong loathing for ann hathaway for no good reason...just the mention of her name makes me mad
3. i had my day as a swing dancer and have a super small appearance in Truman Show (dont look too closely for me - you'll get dizzy)
4. i am a registered libertarian and closet conspiracy theorist and still think my name is on a list somewhere and freak out every time i go the airport (there was also a year in college in which i was certain taxi cabs were following me, but that is a different story for a different time)
5. cilantro, horseradish and wasabi all gross me out but i wish they didnt...dont hate on me for this one - i have tried...believe me i have tried...
6. i still think that Blame It on the Rain is a good song
7. i am planning a home birth and its just about all i think about lately - i can't wait to meet this boy!
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
also - whenever we question him about anything..."what did you do with the little piece that fits on the tripod that mommy just bought daddy?" his reply = "anything"....or..."what were you just doing to the cat...why is the cat running away like that?" his reply = "anything". its so perfectly fitting...we know he means to say nothing...but that would really be a lie wouldn't it? anything is a much more appropriate response for a 3 year old who is really up to anything and everything.
he is starting to ask why questions about his world and starting to make sense of his environment and starting to form social relationships and social groups and become geographically aware that we live somewhere different than other people. the awareness came into effect with our san jose trip last weekend. when we had gone before (i believe it was in September) we left long beach around 8pm and he slept - we told him that meema and papa live far far away. he woke up when we got there - recognized their house and said, "see i told you - it wasn't far far away!" this last weekend when we went we left around 6pm and he was awake until 9 and then woke up again at 11:30 because we hit construction on the pacheco pass, at which point he started singing, "I'm never tired...I'm not going to sleep" - he remembered that the last time we got to meema and papa's house meema woke up and played foosball with him at 3:00 in the morning for 30 minutes...so of course he wanted to stay up for that. anyway - he got a better sense of how far the trek was this last time and constantly asks me what the place is called where meema and papa live...
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
on our way back home we stopped off in santa barbara to have (we thought) a nice dinner with jeff and solera and instead walked into a room of our very awesome college friends who surprised us with a baby shower. we are so blessed to have such amazing thoughtful friends. they decorated onesies for us...some of which we can actually dress our baby in...i'll post some of my favorites later. i am still overwhelmed that they all threw it together so fast and that so many people came - we love you all!
(This pic is of the Barnes family at the wedding on Saturday...i love bryson's expression - priceless!)
Saturday, November 15, 2008
November 14th, 2008
8:00 am: There are no active fires on campus, no injuries, and everyone is safe.
Wesmont has 326 students remaining in the Gym; those students with transportation have been released from campus because it is safe for them to travel on area roads.
Westmont has lost eight structures, four buildings in Clark halls (F,G,M,S), the physics building, the old math building and the two quonset huts. The later three structures were scheduled for demolition soon.
Fourteen faculty homes in Las Barrancas have burned; there is damage to trees, and wooded areas on campus, but much of the formal gardens remains intact.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
the friendkidly three have been working very hard and we have basically put together a brand new shop with all sorts of new items and goodies...just in time for the holidays! remember to keep it handmade this holiday season and check out the stash!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
1. he asks "why" constantly
2. his imagination is overwhelmingly active
3. he is wearing big boy underwear and using the potty all by himself
4. he is able to be in a room by himself unsupervised (for at least 10 minutes)
5. he can dress himself from his shirt to his shoes
6. he can count to 10
7. he knows the street he lives on
8. he remembers when you tell him promises or bribes
9. he is trying to give up his nap
10. he is creating friendships and relationships in such an amazing way now
Happy Birthday Big Boy!