Monday, March 8, 2010

Readying...

pregnancy is the weirdest thing...i can have a day like yesterday where the most productive thing i did all day was put a load of laundry in the dryer...didnt take it out of the dryer mind you...just dried it. i also went to church i guess...but then later i got out of the bath and laid on my bed in my towel for 2 hours because i was so overwhelmingly tired and nauseated....

and then i can have a day like today...where i finished aforementioned laundry and went for a 4 mile walk and ran all my errands and managed to sew up a storm...and its 10:00 pm and i still have energy. so so strange.

so i take what i can get and when i have energy i put it to the test and roll with it! the reason for the sew storm is that friendkidly is in their first craft fair of 2010 -- this Sunday March 14th -  the pink parlour at the Santa Anita race track. if you are looking for something fun to do this weekend in the socal area - stop on by! its family fun day at the race track and there are races going on, plus an arts and craft fair...should be fun! plus we will be there...so...yeah...what other excuse do you need?

i had fun tonight - i sewed up some dopey horsies, which i haven't done for a long time. i actually made them as gifts for a couple of friends coming up. in fact, most everything i made has an intended person - if i sell it then i can make another - if i dont then i am ahead of myself for once!

i also went through one of my fabric bins that i havent opened since we moved...i rediscovered all this great vintage scrap material - which is how i made the horsies and the raggedy-ann and andy shirts. anyway - we are very excited to get out there again and meet some interesting people and get some feedback on the stuff we make - always fun to interact with actual adults...


 so hope to see you on Sunday - we will have a table not a booth, so come find us and support handmade!

2 comments:

Whitney Hannah Hill said...

FuN! I was wondering if you got in. Really cool. I hope it goes well. I love the horses - I wanted to get one for my niece and then she got one for Christmas - plus...how would you ship that?!

I hear ya on the spurts of energy - it's amazing what I can accomplish in one day sometimes - I wish I could bottle some of it up - because other days, well...I am in a fog about what to do all day that I actually never end up doing anything. ;)

Whitney Hannah Hill said...

Oh - and sorry you were feeling nauseated yesterday - but so great you were able to take a bath and relax - that sounds lovely...