Thursday, September 10, 2009

i heart shel silverstein

one of my favorite books of poetry as a kid...okay who is kidding...as an adult as well...was Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein...but that dern picture on the back cover of the book is haunting...not sure if his picture is actually on that book or on Giving Tree or both? but at any rate - he is one freaky dude! i have been following the blog We Love You So as i mentioned before and they highlighted him...apparently he did cartoons for playboy? he also wrote the Johnny Cash song "My Name is Sue". never knew. my ringtone for my brother is "My Name is Sue" - he loves that song...taught it to his kids. my nephew recites it...but this little clip is a little freaky...he sings part of the song with Johnny Cash and by sings i mean SCREAMS!




enjoy!

2 comments:

Rashelle said...

He is creepy. A friend of mine has a son that when he was around 3 would look at the picture on the back of the book and would talk about me, "Shell", and say that I wasn't scary and that my teeth weren't ugly like the Shel on the book...kids are awesome. Thank goodness he thinks I'm better looking than Mr. Silverstein!

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

He also wrote a poem/song called Jennifer Johnson and Me. Word.