Sunday, June 7, 2009

for the love of eggs...


after being up in santa ynez and helping collect fresh eggs and remembering our chickens (God rest henny, penny and jenny) i was nostalgic and hopeful at the same time. today at the farmers market we picked up some fresh eggs that can be stored outside of the fridge for 2 weeks and 1 month inside the fridge! convincing bryan is going to be a different story, but i think if i had one of these it may convice him...maybe not our neighbors though...hmmm...


(photo from www.omelet.us)

3 comments:

Rashelle said...

Our neighbors have chickens and each time I hear them bocking I am brought right back to the most intense part of labor during Delia's birth. Yeah...your neighbors might object.

Paige said...

I think seeing the Eggloo just changed my life. I have been wanting chickens for a while, and now I think I need them. Can we start a commune soon?

CarleeKajsa said...

Yeah - the neighbors - certainly in my neighborhood especially may pose a threat....that and the fact the eglu is $600