Monday, May 9, 2011

Corners of our Home - My Sewing Doo-Dads



I was able to steal away sans kids and meet up with some good friends at a flea market a couple of months ago. i had all kinds of these on my list, and was able to get some of those things...and some things not on the list...and some things that were on my list ended up serving different purposes than i first thought.

like this apple crate...i was originally going to mount it in the boys' room as a shelf. i still intend to do this - i want to put some of their nicer toys up there until bodie is a little less destructive...if that ever indeed happens...hoping hoping hoping...anyway...for now i am using it as a little shelf on top of my sewing cabinet.

my husband in his attempt to organize my *creativity* (which he sees as chaos for some reason) bought me a tool box plastic compartment thingy to store my doo-dads...only problem is that my doo-dads did not all fit in there because some were longer and plus the thing was ugly to look at.so this is my solution for now - a bunch of glass jars - some from the flea market, some re-purposed old strawberry jam jars and pear jears and others...the crate is also from the flea market and the box is one we got on our honeymoon in Bali. holds some things i dont want in a clear container for little eyes and hands to be curious over...some sharp things...

this makes me much happier than the plastic and also more functional! now it just needs some flowers - and now that spring is springing our garden can abide!

No comments: