Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Black Santa and St. Lucia meet and fall in love....




I love our black santa....this is one of the first gifts i ever gave to Bryan...back in college...like 10 years (gasp) ago. I had, at that time, never seen one (i grew up in a very Swedish household in Orange County please forgive me), but heard that you could buy them. I made my friend drive me to 3 different K-Marts to find it. and it was the last one. and he is awesome. little did i know then that black santa would be apart of our family for all these Christmases...i mean i hoped and prayed and prayed and prayed...AMEN! he has been a tree-topper, a mantle piece and a centerpiece and always had a starring role in our Christmas decorating...but it wasn't until last year that i found this sweet little (handmade in Sweden) St. Lucia at a thrift store! what??? i was so stoked. by far the best thrift store find evah! i was with Rashelle at a goodwill in Fullerton and probably peed my pants a little ( i was very pregnant so that part is probably true).

anyway...now black santa is very happy...he has hisself a gerrllfriend. (if, at this point you are wondering who the hay is St. Lucia - i blogged about it last year). they are together now at last and shall not be separated...during the advent season anyway....

1 comment:

Rashelle said...

I remember that day. I mostly remember you being very pregnant and swinging with Bryson "spider" style (I think that's what the kids call it) and it looking hilarious. I like how black st. nick and santa lucia look like they're waiting for the Christ child. Blessed Advent!