Thursday, February 5, 2009

Scottish Ale


thanks to max for his expertise and recommendation, i started a scottish ale on monday after a brief hiatus. i ordered my beer this time from Austin Homebrew Supply, also thanks to max's recommendation. i already appreciated their directions a bit better than previous batches because when steeping my grains i didnt have to use a separate pot...which translates to less mess and less dishes to wash...and sanitize...bonus! This beer isn't as hoppy as most of my other brews...i left my kit at Becky's so i dont have the information on the hops and yeast, but that will come with my review perhaps. The process was fun as always and the company was lovely too and i am excited to bottle this batch in a couple weeks! I brewed over at Beckys and she reported that the beer is already going crazy so we'll se...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool to see you guys brewing a batch! I'm brewing a strong (8.2% abv) Scottish Wee Heavy this weekend since a heat wave (50 degrees!!!) is coming to Ohio. This is my LAST extract batch. I'm moving to ALL GRAIN brewing starting in a few weeks once I have all my gear established. I can't wait to hear your review of the beer you're crafting. Sounds tasty!