Monday, June 17, 2013

Summer Journal - Entry #3 - Redondo Beach Seaside Lagoon




We headed to the Redondo Beach Seaside Lagoon with dear friends on a weekday...we got there around 10:30 and it was a good time to go since it was not too crowded. By the time we left (around 2:30) there was definitely a crowd. My friend Becky had told me about this place and part of what she was told was that this lagoon was built as a way to cool the pipes from a nearby factory and part of the by-product of that was the water was heated...but that didn't seem the case - the water was pretty cold! That did not stop our kids one bit though! 

There are several water fountains in the lagoon and water slides for the bigger kids. There are picnic tables with shade, a small playground and BBQ pits. I think it would be a great place for a birthday party! I think the kiddos all enjoyed it and for me it was nice since it was fairly easy to keep an eye on them all. I struggle taking the boys anywhere there is a crowd because all three love to dart off in opposite directions and it just stresses me out. We went home and all three boys passed out in the car on the ride home - sign of good day! that rarely ever happens anymore!

Side Note: Adults are $6 and Children 2-17 are $5 / $4.50 flat rate for parking (check site for hours)

(Click here to see Bryson's post on the Lagoon)

No comments: