Saturday, October 10, 2009

p.s. on grief

i am so encouraged by your comments...mainly that you took the courage to comment on my grief post, but also to those who read it and couldnt or didnt comment but maybe were moved. it made me feel like i made the right choice to open up the way i did....i just wanted to add one more thing that Sue said that encouraged me is this:

grief is not about how well you knew the person.

grief and loss is not diminished by your lack of relationship.

if you lost a grandma or grandpa and didnt have a relationship with that person it does NOT mean you dont grieve...you are given permission to grieve over that loss and that relationship whether it was intimate or not.

thank you for your comments...it made me realize that my being vulnerable may affect others...that makes my week!

No comments: