Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Dustin' off the machine...

ever since my "labor stockings" i haven't looked at my poor machine...Hand...that is his name - Hand...and why is it a "he"? not sure...it just came out, so it must be...perhaps because he is so technical...hmm...anyway - ever since my "labor stockings" (i might have made about 17 embroidered stockings whilst in early labor to get my mind of off said labor) i put my machine away and told myself to give myself some time off - i had a fury of hand-made gift making for 2 months and perhaps needed a vacation. but with Bodie's birth i decided it would be nice to make something for him. i rarely make things for my own boys and thought since i never ended up finishing the knitted blanket i was making for him, i would take an easier route. i am not giving up on the knitting per se, just breaking...hmm...anyway - i thought i need to start making things for my boys since the other day bryson broke some toy and then told me it was okay because i could make him a gun on my machine. i felt so proud i almost whipped up a stuffed toy gun right then and there, but my vacation hadn't ended then. so i made this baby blanket for little bodie - the only problem is that the embroidery does not work so well on fleece come to find out. i had to go over his name a couple times and it still doesnt show up well, however - oh so soft and what a great size and it reflects how i am feeling as of late....mooooo....

No comments: