Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Salad

I was at a friend's house for dinner a month or so ago and her friend was there who works at Amy's Farm in Ontario (you should plan to go if you haven't - cutest farm!) - anyway - she made this salad....and I only was able to get the recipe because she mentioned that a friend blogged about it.

Here is the original post and original recipe - Purple Mizuna and Kale Salad

I loved the dressing and wanted to make it, but didn't want to run to the store with 3 kids, so I used what I had...Spinach, Chicken, Goat Cheese, Mixed Dried Berries, Pistachios and Sunflower Seeds - so good! I've made it like 5 times since.

Here is the super simple dressing recipe (From Heidi):
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tbsp Honey
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Pepper

If you double the recipe it fits perfectly in a 12 oz mason jar!
Enjoy!

No comments: