Monday, January 14, 2013

Simple Woman's Daybook

I think a good practice for this year, is doing the Simple Woman's Daybook entry once a month. I think it will give me a little more blogging direction and also will be fun to look back on the year in this light. So...here we go!

Today...
My favorite picture Bryan took at the LA Zoo

Outside my window...enjoying this unusual frosty mornings. trying to store the feeling of warm flannel sheets and comfy beds and chilly air for the next summer where sheets are too hot!

I am thinking...of my weekend and how busy, but how much fun we had - celebrating birthdays and going on dates and baking yummy things.

I am thankful...for my boys. for our health, when so many people we know are struggling with their health, its something I don't want to take for granted.

In the kitchen...home-made beignets this weekend - so yummy...but then again...how could fried dough NOT be yummy? makes me want to start doing doughnuts...

I am wearing...hot chillys and two sweaters and thinking i need to grab a pair of fingerless gloves!

I am creating...mainly zoodies right now are all that are touching my sewing machine, but i have quilt dreams in my head that aren't going away...

I am going...to start making some little changes for this new year. Don't you love new beginnings?

I am wondering...if I can somehow manage a nap today...lagging from a late bedtime last night!

I am reading...Twelfth Night by Shakespeare. Don't be proud of me...its been on my shelf for five years. Finally at a place to not only read it, but enjoy it. And I am thoroughly enjoying it. Its always surprising how fast everyone falls in love - refreshing!

I am hoping...to get all my work done early this week, so I don't need to spend as much time in the office as I planned.

I am looking forward to...a trip to the snow? still unplanned...

I am learning...that I need girl time more often than I have had lately...

Around the house...lots of things strewn everywhere from a lazy cleaning weekend.

I am pondering...generosity


A few plans for the rest of the week: business meetings, drinks with friends, closing out 2012 in the office, hopefully some playdates and all around sillyness with my boys!

No comments: