Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Daybook Entry

My favorite picture from last week - Bryson helped his brothers get dressed for church. 
(This entry is inspired by The Simple Woman's Daybook)


Outside my window...Sunshine! Another gorgeous winter day...my favorite kind of weather - sunny and comfortable in the day and chilly/perfect for a fire at night!

I am thinking...about how to be a better listener. I struggle in this area and its something I want to spend more time cultivating this year.

I am thankful...for good friends. for life-long friends. for friends who know all your good and all your bad and there is no pretense.

In the kitchen...lots of leftovers from Superbowl Sunday - good grief..did we have to do ribs AND salmon AND sausages? meat overload...but so good...

I am wearing...my lululemon sweats...i tell myself its kind of like dressing...

I am creating...a plan for this year to keep our family and business on track...not my most fun job...and definitely not a part of my skill set, but still excited about sticking to something.

I am going...nowhere today. sick kids. blech. we just got better - no fair! 


I am wondering...when this sickness will pass and the best way to treat it. Always the struggle of balancing natural remedies and knowing when to take them in. 

I am reading...Beautiful Creatures - my niece and I share a love of books and this was next up for our little book club.

I am hoping...to get away with only 2 days in the office this week.

I am looking forward to...a sunday afternoon spent with beautiful ladies.

I am learning...to adapt my expectations with my children. i believe this will be a life long pursuit.

Around the house...sick boys and piles and piles. already planning a big spring cleaning session

I am pondering...minimalism (see above)


No comments: