Thursday, December 19, 2013

Daybook Entry - December


(This entry is inspired by The Simple Woman's Daybook)

Outside my window...Rain! Beautiful Rain! I get so happy when it rains (which is like three times a year)

I am thinking...about 2014 and what it may bring. i typically don't write down goals, but last night I found myself all enthused about things i want to accomplish and a list was formed- and i made sure to make them actually do-able...not like that one year i was all "i am not going to raise my voice at my children" ha! that lasted like a day. (not proud, by the way...just keeping it real) 

I am thankful...for an unsuccessful fraud attempt, for staying somewhat healthy through the holidays, for the people in our life that bless our days, for being together and for holiday traditions, for online shopping. 


In the kitchen...i finally meal planned for the first time in about a month - i planned lots of dinners that could be cooked during breakfast or lunch when the day is a little less overwhelming.

I am wearing...my hot chili's (the best thermals!) and a long sweater - going to change my Uggs for Rain Boots before i pick the boys up (weeeeeeee!)

I am creating...nothing you guys...nothing. this holiday is totally deprived of home-made gifts and I am totally fine with it! i do need to bottle that beer in my closet though! Stat!


I am going...to stay in with my little family on Christmas Day and am looking so forward to it!


I am wondering...what my kiddos reactions will be to their presents this year? and HOPING all the talks about having a grateful heart are put into practice. 

I am reading...Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls by David Sedaris - I am about to start Persuasion by Jane Austen - recommended by a dear friend who knows me well. 

I am hoping...see above :) and hoping all the upset in our accounts can be settled before the new year.

I am looking forward to...holidays with family and friends


I am learning...that simple is always better - for our health - our hearts and our tempers :) 

Around the house...LEGOS! there was a renewed lego love over the past week and this is evidenced by teeny legos in and around every corner of the house. sigh. 

No comments: